Country Park

Clerk RFO: Stephanie Lloyd

Welcome to our new website. Use the search function or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find the information you require then please contact

If you're a member of a local group and would like to be mentioned on this site, please contact the Clerk .

Latest News

Derbyshire County Council Community news

Derbyshire County Council Community NewsWelcome to the latest issue of Community News.In this issue:Recycling centres - please only visit if vital and avoid EasterWarning for residents about 'courier fraud'Easter opening hoursEaster activitiesRecycling centres – please only visit if vital and avoid EasterhwrcOur recycling centres remain open but only for items that residents absolutely have to get rid of. However, they are increasingly busy.The centres tend to be quieter on weekdays, especially before 10am and after 4pm. We're encouraging people to come at these times rather than at weekends and to avoid visiting over the Easter holidays if possible.Social distancing measures are still in place at our sites and staff are unable to help people unload. This slows things up so there may be queueing at the sites. Visitors can help by sorting their waste into the different types (e.g. garden waste, metal, wood, cardboard etc) before they come to the centre to help make their visit as quick as possible.We're also asking that people avoid queueing on main roads and suggesting that they use their kerbside recycling service at home as much as possible. Composting of garden waste is another way of helping to reduce visits.Warning for residents about 'courier fraud'fraud alertDerbyshire Police have asked us to help warn residents about 'courier fraud' which is on the increase across the county and often targets the elderly or vulnerable. The victim is duped into thinking that they are helping the 'police' and may end up losing their own money or valuables to the fraudsters.It happens when a fraudster contacts a potential victim by telephone, pretending to be a police officer. They will usually have some basic, easily obtainable personal details about the person – such as their full name and address – to help convince the person it is an official call.After some trust has been established, the fraudster will then recruit the person to help with a 'criminal investigation'. For instance the fraudster may say that proof is needed that a jewellers is selling fake goods. The victim then is asked to buy an expensive item from the jewellers using their own money and then hand it over to a courier for inspection. The courier being part of the group of fraudsters. Other examples include helping to investigate bank fraud.Anyone receiving this type of phone call should hang up immediately.Easter opening hoursWe've published a list to let residents know which of our services are open or closed over the Easter break. It covers things like the Community Testing Centres, Household Waste Recycling Centres, Libraries and the Community Response Unit.Pic: Although our record office is currently closed to the public our enquiry, copying and research services are continuing as normal.easter opening hoursEaster activities 2021easter activitiesWe are holding some Easter events despite the ongoing restrictions. Many of these are online and all our activities are COVID-secure and follow the latest Government guidance. Find out what is on offer from our libraries, countryside service, holiday activities programme and more.Derbyshire County Council

Posted: Thu, 01 Apr 2021 09:22 by Stephanie Lloyd


Please see below a message from Steven Walkley of Census 2021.

"While Census Day has come and gone, the work is only just beginning. Our Field Operations are now under way, with our Field colleagues encouraging and helping those who have yet to complete their forms, directing them to the support services they need so we can get the best possible picture of what our society looks like at this point in time." More »

All Census Officers will be wearing High Vis jackets displaying their ID badge clearly, they will be wearing masks and will keep at least 2 metres away from anyone they meet.

If you are aware of anyone still needing help completing their form please give them my contact details and I will be happy to call and advise if they have any queries or concerns."

07452 » Less

Posted: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 09:42 by Stephanie Lloyd

South Derbyshire Community Heroes

Roll of Honour for South Derbyshire Community Heroes

This year, the traditional South Derbyshire Awards event has been re-shaped into a virtual format, which will focus on the incredible community volunteer response to the pandemic. It will give local people the opportunity to recognise members of the community, who are not key workers, that have helped them during this challenging time. This could include local businesses or community groups, a friend or family member who has made sure you have your weekly shop or medication, in fact any volunteer in South Derbyshire you would like to thank for making a positive difference to you during this difficult time. More »

Everyone put forward to be thanked will be mentioned in the Roll of Honour and, where information is provided, receive a certificate and exclusive pin badge. Several short videos will also be made to celebrate the contributions of a selection of Heroes.

Votes of thanks can be submitted from 29 March at via a simple online form. Submissions will be open until 2 May. The Roll of Honour and Community Heroes videos will be displayed on this website as part of National Volunteers' Week, from the first week in June. Look out for dates and further details which will be released soon on our website and social media pages.

Councillor Kevin Richards, Leader of South Derbyshire District Council, said: "Although the pandemic has been extremely tough for very many people, it has also highlighted numerous heart-warming examples of the community coming together to help each other. I hope people will take the time to visit the website and let us know who should be thanked and recognised for their efforts."

» Less

Posted: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 09:25 by Stephanie Lloyd